Newspulse - نیوز پلس
پاکستان، سیاست، کھیل، بزنس، تفریح، تعلیم، صحت، طرز زندگی ... کے بارے میں تازہ ترین خبریں

Security Forces Kill 17 militants in intelligence-based operations across Balochistan

Security Forces Kill 17 militants in intelligence-based operations across Balochistan

Pakistan’s security forces killed 17 militants linked to the group described by authorities as “Fitna-al-Hindustan” during a series of intelligence-based operations conducted across several districts of Balochistan, according to a statement released by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Tuesday.

The operations were launched in the wake of the train incident that took place on May 24, 2026, as part of an intensified counterterrorism campaign in the province. Security forces carried out coordinated actions in the districts of Mastung, Nushki, Zehri, Khuzdar and Kech, targeting locations identified through intelligence reports as militant hideouts and operational bases.

According to the ISPR, the operations involved heavy exchanges of fire between security personnel and militants. After fierce clashes, 17 terrorists were killed. Officials described the outcome as a major setback for terrorist networks operating in Balochistan.

During the raids, security forces recovered a large quantity of weapons, ammunition, explosives and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Authorities stated that the militants killed in the operations had been involved in multiple terrorist activities in the province.

The military’s media wing further said that sanitisation operations are still underway to clear the affected areas and ensure that no remaining militants are able to regroup or launch further attacks.

The ISPR emphasized that Pakistan’s broader counterterrorism campaign, being carried out under the framework of “Azm-e-Istehkam,” will continue with full determination. The initiative, approved by the Federal Apex Committee under the National Action Plan, aims to strengthen national security and eliminate terrorism across the country. According to the statement, security forces and law enforcement agencies remain fully committed to eradicating what it described as foreign-sponsored terrorism from Pakistan.

President Asif Ali Zardari praised the armed forces for the successful operations in Balochistan. He commended the security personnel for eliminating 17 militants during the actions conducted in Mastung, Nushki, Zehri, Khuzdar and Kech. The president stated that eliminating foreign-sponsored terrorism remains one of the country’s highest priorities and stressed that the plans of militant groups and their facilitators would never succeed.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also lauded the professionalism, courage and dedication shown by the security forces during the intelligence-based operations. He paid tribute to the personnel involved in the mission and said the entire nation values the sacrifices made by Pakistan’s armed forces and law enforcement agencies in the fight against terrorism.

The prime minister stated that the recent successes against terrorist groups demonstrate the unity and determination of the Pakistani nation. He reiterated that all attempts by terrorist elements to destabilize the country would be defeated. Shehbaz Sharif further said that counterterrorism operations would continue until terrorism is completely eliminated from Pakistan and assured that the government stands firmly alongside the security forces in this struggle.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah also expressed appreciation for the operations carried out in Balochistan. He praised the armed forces for eliminating what he described as Indian-backed militants and said hostile elements threatening Pakistan’s security would be dealt with firmly. He added that the sacrifices of soldiers and security personnel would always be remembered and that the entire nation takes pride in its armed forces.

Murad Ali Shah emphasized that operations against terrorism would continue until the last militant is eliminated. He also paid tribute to those who sacrificed their lives for the defence of the country and for restoring peace and stability.

Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi similarly commended the security forces for their successful actions against militants in different parts of Balochistan. He praised the professionalism and timely response of the forces, stating that their swift action had foiled the plans of terrorist elements operating in the province.

Naqvi said the people of Pakistan have complete confidence in the country’s security institutions and stand united with them in the ongoing fight against terrorism. He added that the bravery and sacrifices of Pakistan’s forces continue to play a crucial role in maintaining peace and protecting national stability.

 

 

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More